If police historically like donuts, then why don’t we see more donut shops located right next to police stations?
Think of all the benefits that could be had from this arrangement:
- Police would get a regular discount and the shop would always have customers.
- Thieves wouldn’t be selecting that location to steal from during open or closed hours.
- Family members waiting for other family members getting information from the police could go wait at the shop and buy donuts.
- The police often have to collaborate with fire stations and ER teams and this could be accomplished in the more pleasant donut shop setting.
- Donut shops could offer wireless service so the police could keep working.
- The donut shop intercom system could be wired so that all police get summoned for large emergencies and the shop could give them a fresh box of goodies for the road.
I’m sure there are other reasons that I can’t recall. But, this is a good start.